Friday, March 11, 2011

My Sister's Place - Woman's Day - By Pollyanna Melo


When I went to My Sister’s Place, I thought I will see many poor women, but it’s not right. I saw different kind the woman. I saw younger woman, older woman, poor and I think there was middle class woman also, because the look some women was pretty good. In addition, we talked with the woman, she is so smart and she told us she is graduated in accounting. She makes a lot of accounts for us and told: “Maybe you came here and think everybody here is poor, not smart, or ignorant. You don’t have to think that, because here have a lot of smart women. Many times in the life to be smart is not important, you need to have opportunities. ” She was very sad, and I think many women there is the same feeling and to ask for themselves what’s wrong.  I felt sad when I heard her. I felt like a drop in the ocean. What we can do to help these women? I thought. So I saw many things I don’t like, too. For example I saw a lot of women throwing away the food. I thought when the person came this kind the place she has hungry and she needs some food. But I think many women there don’t want just eat they want company, they want to talk to someone, they want stay together. Maybe this way they feel better, because they can help each other. I liked to have gone the My Sister’s Place, because I could see more what kind the problem has here in United States, and I can see this country has the same problems than other countries have. As well as I like to help everybody if I can. However I don’t like to see the people sad and solitary because it makes me sad, too.



No comments:

Post a Comment